Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chard!


Battle cry or vegetable? This Swiss chard that I bought at Berkeley Hort has produced pretty evenly, though for a while I didn't cut any because I thought the leaves were supposed to get bigger. It would be nice to pick some for dinner. But I will be at the Garden of Memory during dinner, because it's the solstice, and if I can't be at the Fete de la Musique, I can at least wander the Oakland Columbarium.

Tomorrow perhaps. Eva from London will be arriving in the late afternoon, and maybe we can do something with it. I have the Daniel Boulud braising book on my desk, and it's full of delicious and weird things (sweet spaghetti squash with toasted walnuts and golden raisins), but cooking the hell out of just-picked, tender, small chard is probably not the thing for it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: