Thursday, August 7, 2008

S'mores ice cream cake


This was the first in a year of birthday desserts made from Emily Luchetti's A Passion for Ice Cream cookbook. Mina chose it in honor of her upcoming 11th birthday.

A quick tour of the layers: the bottom is a graham cracker crust, made by crushing a cup and a half of graham crackers and mixing it with melted butter.

The middle layer is chocolate chip ice cream. It was supposed to be cappucino-chocolate-chip ice cream, but I was afraid of what coffee ice cream would do to four nieces and nephews at 8:00 pm. On top was a combination of marshmallow fluff (which I've never used before) and marshmallows, broiled to puffy toastosity. I'll follow with a photo of a slice topped with warm chocolate sauce.

It was a hit, but I hope someone in the birthday rotation requests this brown-sugar ice cream roulade soon- that's the one I really want to try.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: